Kashmiri Dum Aloo

I had this recipe in my recipe book since the last 10 years and I had never tried it. I don't remember where I got it from. When Shri started asking me to do something of the baby potatoes we had brought from the market, I realized I had this recipe. The outcome made me post this recipe here.


You will need: 
Small baby potatoes - 500 gms (Better if it is new potatoes) - Pressure cooked and peeled.
Curd - 250 ml
Red Chilli powder - 1 tsp
Garam Masala Powder - 1/2 tsp
Green chilli - 2 nos (chopped)
Chopped Coriander leaves
Kasuri Methi - 1/2 tsp
Sugar (optional) - 1 tsp
Salt to taste

Ghee - 4 tbsp

Masala:
Fennel seeds/saunf - 2 tsp
Cumin powder/Jeera - 1/2 tsp
Coriander powder/Dhania - 1 tsp
Turmeric - 1/2 tsp


Heat Ghee in a pan
Roast the boiled whole potatoes until golden brown.
Take the potatoes in another plate.
Switch off the flame.
Add the Fennel seeds and other Masala powder (Cumin, Coriander and Turmeric powders).
Fry it for a minute or two.
Switch on the flame
Add Curd, salt and Roasted Potatoes.
Boil for about 10-12 minutes
Add Red Chilli powder. Fry for a minute
Add Garam Masala, Green chillies, Sugar, Kasuri Methi. Switch off the flame.
Kashmiri Dum Aloo is ready to be served

Serves about 5-6 people
Skill level: Easy

Goes well with:  Chapathi, Roti, Poori, Parantha, etc
Preparation Time: 15 mins
Cooking Time: 20 mins (assuming potatoes are already boiled)





Comments

Popular Posts